Finger Lakes is one of the most beautiful and the best wineries in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State. Finger Lakes makes up a wine-producing region in abundance. This area is what makes New York’s second largest wine producing state (behind California) in the U.S.. Named for its long thin shape, the Finger Lakes (and the region around them) has a perfect climate for growing grapes and producing various types of wine. The Finger Lakes Region have become a popular destination for tourists and public tours are scheduled every month of the year, such as dinners and other activities included, along with the train ride. You can also hire private tours to the train, some people choose to ride the railroad train for parties and weddings, while others choose to drink wine and other group tours travel along the railway. Once your ride on the rails is completed (which begins in Geneva, New York, you can return to the same destination), you can choose to explore one of the three major wine trails located in the Finger Lakes region.
The Finger Lakes region in upstate New York has some of the most visually beautiful countryside of America, and is home to a little known wine region, but fantastic. There are two important producing regions: Finger Lakes and Long Island, in addition to promising Hudson River and Lake Erie, which increased production of its intended grape juices more. The northeast Atlantic United States is the oldest wine producing region of the United States. The winters prevented, however, that wine production in this region to develop at the same pace of California. In the late 50th European vineyards were planted in this region, instead of the native American grapes, which boosted production.
The perfect and wonderful moments with my husband in Finger Lakes Region, simply wonderful. There are lots of beautiful waterfalls and rock formations to see along the trail.
I have to confess, I never realized there were beautiful places in central New York. I heard and seen about the region is that it has cold, dreary weather that lingers into late spring.
In the region of Long Island have about 52 wineries, using only strains of European grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and Riesling. Ice-age glaciers dug the 11 that exist in the Fingers Lakes west-central New York. Among the lakes, four more of them give the name to the series of lakes that look like fingers of the Great Spirit, described in the legend of the Iroquois tribe. More than 80 wineries have mastered this ancient wilderness, taking advantage of ideal conditions for planting different strains of grapes.
We also did a tour at Prejean Winery beautiful place.
We did a tour of the Redneck Wines, beautiful place. Usually you pay $ 1 or $ 2 for wine tasting. We bought my favorite wine Lorrey Ridge Winery Blue Sapphire. They have a beautiful garden in the back where we roamed around after tasting wines. There were even a few rows of grape vines to look at.
Many people want to know what is the best wine? that wine should I buy? In my opinion the best wine is one that you like or buy the best wine that your money allows.
The eleven Finger Lakes from east to west are: Otisco Lake • Skaneateles Lake • Owasco Lake • Cayuga Lake • Seneca Lake • Keuka Lake • Canandaigua Lake • Honeoye Lake • Canadice Lake • Hemlock Lake • Conesus Lake
BENEFITS OF RED WINE
Recently studies have shown that red wine reduces the risk of heart disease, protects against neurological disorders, increases longevity, power has anti-carcinogenic and may even protect smokers from the harmful effects of cigarette smoking is a rare “Chateau Petrus” or a cheap version of the table.
It has been shown recently that moderate consumption of ethanol produces cardioprotective effect, mainly by the increase in HDL (high density lipoprotein) cholesterol, a negative risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
The red wine also contains ethanol, is rich in polyphenols or phenolic compounds, which are present in the skins and seeds of red grapes and are known to have antioxidant activity.
According to many experts, it seems that the consumption of one or two glasses of red wine per day, taking into account a good absorption of active ingredients, it would be quite adequate.
The effects mentioned are checked when there will be a moderate and regular consumption, ie, small daily doses of red wine, a bottle rather than the end of the week.
An excessive intake of alcohol, even though through the red wine, induces numerous aggravating health and is not indicated in any way.
As the wine is always taken slowly and with meals – with a full stomach absorption is even slower – the blood alcohol levels do not reach proportions intoxicants, as with the spirits and that can lead to injury in the organ.
1. Choose before the wineries that you want to go: New York wine regions have to choose between several, such as Lake Erie and Chautauqua, the Finger Lakes, New York Central and Lake Ontario, New York, Long Island / North Fork and the Hamptons, and the Niagara escarpment. The Finger Lakes region in particular has more than 100 wineries specializing in sparkling wines, Riesling, Pinot Noir, and Ice Wine.
2. Timing is everything: During peak hours, many wineries are closed to visitors for the day and usually closes at 5 pm.
3. Transportation and hotel: Depending on your region of choice, you can fly to many minor and major airports throughout the state. Most wine regions have a nice selection of hotels and small inns to choose from and are located within walking distance of most popular wine trails.
4. Do your research: Once you decided on your area of wines and hotels, be sure to research sites individual wineries “to up-to-date information on the hours of tasting and tour. The time may vary from location to site, and want to maximize your options. Many wineries also have restaurants and bars attached to the meals do not have to divert away from your itinerary.
5. Arrange Ground Transportation: This is often the most difficult aspect of a wine tasting trip. Rent or having your own car allows greater flexibility and independence, but you will not be able to know all the places you’d like. For heavy drinkers look for organized tours Wine Tour””not to drive drunk. If you have enough money, rent a limo or a car service with driver will give you the freedom to enjoy your trip your way, without having to watch your alcohol intake.
6. Get plenty of rest the night before and bring water with you on your tour to the vineyards and wine tasting. Being tired and dehydrated is not a good option for those who want to enjoy your day well and enjoy good wine.
And don’t forget to bring your camera, as the Finger Lakes region is beautiful.