Blueberries are true-blue American. Native Americans called them ‘star berries’ due to the 5-point star formed by the blossom end. American poet Robert Frost wrote a poem about blueberries. And blueberry jelly beans were created especially for President Ronald Reagan. Berries have been part of the human diet for more than 13,000 years, long before being formally recognized for their healthy and anti-cancer effects Blueberries are among the best foods you can eat, and doctors recommend eating them everyday. I have created easy and health recipes, I eat every day with my yogurt , for dessert , snacks and with ice cream it is delicious. But you also can make easy and health recipes for the example (salad, smoothie, soy milk, and ground flax seeds). Anyway we have a lots of way to enjoy this wonderful ,delicious and healthy Fruit! I love it.
The flavanoids in blueberries — catechin, epicatechin, myricetin, quercetin, ankaempferol — are a mouthful of strangely spelled words, but more importantly, they are extremely valuable for superior health. And remember, phytochemicals are not optional nutrients; they are essential for normal function of your immune system.
Last wekeend my husband and I, went the farm to pick our own berries, also I like better beacuse it is freash and the price its affordable. We also like because it is summer time and we really enjoy be outdoor. We buy a lot because we like to eat every day.
I did some reserch and one cup of blueberries contain 80 calories and a whole pint gives you about 225 calories. Like all other foods, the calories in blueberries come from its macro nutrients – 56 grams of carbohydrate, 1.5 grams of fat and 2.7 grams of protein. But it is blueberries’ micro nutrient content that packs the most impressive wallop. Blueberries are packed with tannins, anthocyanins that have been linked to prevention.
Blueberries are the only food so far that has been shown not just to prevent, but actually to reverse abnormal physical and mental decline, including coordination and balance, in aged animals.
How to freeze your Blueberries for a future use:
- Sort through the berries picking out any that are moldy, soft, over-ripe, broken or otherwise imperfect. Also sort out anything that is not berry , such as leaves or stems and take in a freezer bags for freeze your berries.
- Its is preferable not to wash the berries before freezing
- If rinsing before freezing:
- Rinse well
- Dry with paper towels
- Transfer to frezer containers or re-sealable plastic or freezer bags than freeze. The berries will freeze individually and can remove just the number you need.
- To ensure the best quality, enjoy them within six mouths. You can frozen for a year or more. They can last in the refrigerator about 10 to 14 days.
7 Reasons to eat more Blueberries:
- Boost Vitamins
- Fight Disease
- Reduce Cancer Risk
- Provide Fibre
- Add Potassium
- Help to improve memory
- Are naturally high in antioxidants
They have been called “the power food”.
You like this article? Leave a comment!
Joyce Anne Granger